Monday, September 8, 2008

Labor Day Events...


So, I'm a lil late in posting, but I've been REALLY busy with school!!! About school, if any of you don't know, I'm going to The Christ College of Nursing & Health Sciences. I'm going to be moving into my own apartment next week on GBS campus, but for now I'm staying weeks with my sister & bro in law at GBS and weekends at home. Overall, I like school, My friend Lalia is in almost all of my classes, and there are some cool people in our "block". I have an awesome clinical instructor, and have a few friends in my clinical group. Only this is there is TONS of work!! Any of you familiar with nursing school will know that. That's the reason I'm blogging about Labor Day a week after it happened. And I'm just doing this between homework, I really should be working on a project (due Wed.) or studying for the exam (first nursing exam) on Thursday that I haven't really started studying for. But nevertheless here I am.

Well, On Labor Day the guys (dad and Craig) obviously took the work "labor" seriously. No, just kidding. They did take the day off of work (Craig works for dad) and started the project of ripping the deck off. See our back deck has needed replacing for a while, so they took it upon themselves to start the project. I decided to take pictures to commemorate the event. They haven't started rebuilding it yet, but I think dad and mom went in town this afternoon to get some supplies from Lowe's. I spent my labor day, not going on a picnic, or watching fireworks, but seated at the kitchen table working on.. you guessed it, schoolwork. Well, here r the pics..enjoy...


The first pic on top is Dad and Craig after the railing had already been removed.





The pile of wood that used to be our railing.

The lil hole they made in the deck floor.

View from other angle.

My labors for the day, homework

Oh, wait! That's not all here are the rest (i think) of my schoolbooks & notebooks

Later, they got the floor off!!

Other angle, with dad.

Here is the birthday present I received from my mom and dad, a beautiful cedar chest.

well, That's it I think for this time. If yaal would pray for me, nursing school is a lot harder than GBS, and i'm having some problems with one (gen ed) class, Anatomy & Physiology! I'm going to meet with the teacher this week to try to work something out. This past Friday night I went out with some friends from GBS (Katie, Piepie, Santiago) we went putt putt, although the course was soaked cuz it had rained all day, but thankfully the rain held off till we were on our 15th hole i think, after that we still had time so we went to the mall, fun times, then Walmart, then i dropped them off at school before going home. I only have pics from the mall, but when Katie emails me putt putt pics, I'll do a blog about that. Although it was a TON of fun, I have somewhat regretted going, since I've been swamped all weekend since with homework! Well hope yaal have a good week!

1 comment:

Kendall and Leanna said...

I do NOT miss those days of nursing school. It went by fast though so hang in there. :)