Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Eve Stuff

It's been a tradition in my family as far back as i can remember to give stockings on Christmas Eve night. Usually we buy candy/mints/gum and other little gifts pens/notepads/chapstick etc. Since my sister's got married, obviously just dad mom and I do it now. The first few years after the girls got married they bought mom's stocking stuff (mom buys mine and dads). The past few years however, I have bought mom's. The past 2 years I think i went with my sis tonya shopping for mom's stocking stuff, because 1-i don't like shopping alone and 2- i wouldn't know what all to get. So this year on Tonya's last school day before Christmas Friday, Dec 19 (she got out at noon) i drove down and picked her up and we went shopping all afternoon. She's a faster gift wrapper than me, so we wrapped most of mom's stocking stuff and half of mom's gifts from me & dad. Lol. When i was little I would beg to open a gift on Christmas Eve & my parents would let me. Now that I'm older i'd rather just save them till Christmas day!

My stocking & gifts
Somehow, I didn't get a pic of mom's stocking, well i did but it must have gotten deleted. Anyways this is mom's pile of stocking gifts.
Dad's gifts. It doesn't look like a lot since they're all piled together.

My gifts. It looks like i got the most since i spread them all out but i think mom actually got the most, by 1 or 2.

Self-portrait I took in front of the tree

In one of his sermon's our associate pastor mentioned a family in an illustration that you couldn't see the bottom 2 feet of their tree they bought so many presents. well, when he said this mom & me smiled at each other, cuz that was about the case with us. LOL. This might not look like a lot, but i stuffed all them gifts under there, and let me tell you there were gifts all around, under, behind the tree stacked up pretty solid.

No comments: